Kafka, mail # user - Velocity on local machine

Velocity on local machine
Klaus Schaefers 2014-01-10, 09:44
Hi,

I am currently benchmarking Kafka against ActiveMQ and I got some results
the surprised my quite a lot. ActiveMQ managed to deliver 4x more messages
when running locally. But from all what I was reading I am a little bit
surprised. Honestly I expected Kafka to outperform ActiveMQ. Some I am left
with the feeling that I configured some wrong or did any kind of other
mistake.

My setup looks like this:

- One local broker
- 10 Topic / Queues
- 1 producer that dispatches messages randomly to the topics
- 1 consumer per topic

I basically used the example on the Kafka web page.

Also I encountered some issues when increasing the number of topics, lets
say 100. In this case the consumer cannot connect the Zookeeper...

Does anybody has an idea how to improve the performance?
Thx,

Klaus

Klaus Schaefers
Senior Optimization Manager

Ligatus GmbH
Hohenstaufenring 30-32
D-50674 Köln

Tel.:  +49 (0) 221 / 56939 -784
Fax:  +49 (0) 221 / 56 939 - 599
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.ligatus.de

HRB Köln 56003
Geschäftsführung:
Dipl.-Kaufmann Lars Hasselbach, Dipl.-Kaufmann Klaus Ludemann,
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Arne Wolter

+
Magnus Edenhill 2014-01-10, 11:33
+
Klaus Schaefers 2014-01-10, 12:07
+
Gerrit Jansen van Vuuren 2014-01-10, 13:27
+
Magnus Edenhill 2014-01-10, 13:39
+
Klaus Schaefers 2014-01-10, 16:37