Kafka >> mail # user >> Strategies for auto generating broker ID

Re: Strategies for auto generating broker ID
I think it currently is a java (signed) integer or maybe this was zookeeper?
We are generating the id from IP address for now but this is not ideal (and
can cause integer overflow with java signed ints)