Kafka, mail # user - Re: High Level Consumer error handling and clean exit - 2013-07-09, 19:24

Re: High Level Consumer error handling and clean exit
OK.

It sounds like you're requesting functionality that the high-level consumer
simply doesn't have. As I am sure you know, there is no API call that
supports "handing back a message".

I might be missing something, but if you need this kind of control, I think
you need to code your application differently. You could try creating a
ConsumerConnection per partition (your clients will then need to know the
number of partitions out there). That way commitOffsets() will actually
only apply to that partition. Auto-commit the same way. It might give you
the level of control you need.

Philip