Kafka >> mail # user >> how to force a consumer to start at the beginning

Re: how to force a consumer to start at the beginning
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Withers, Robert
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We are creating a consumer with properties and I did not see a
> property that screamed that it was to start at the beginning of a
> topic.  Is there such a property?

In v0.7, set 'autooffset.reset' to 'smallest'.

Jim

James A. Robinson                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
HighWire | Stanford University          http://highwire.stanford.edu/
+1 650 7237294 (Work)                   +1 650 7259335 (Fax)