Kafka, mail # user - Question about function SimpleConsumer.getOffsetsBefore - 2013-02-25, 20:31

Question about function SimpleConsumer.getOffsetsBefore
I have a question about function getOffsetsBefore() in class SimpleConsumer.

I am not sure about the input value of maxNumOffsets.

If I set this value to a small number, I cannot get enough valid Offset
values.
If I set to a big number like 10,000, I think this function will consume a
lot of time.

Right now I set it to 10, but I am not sure if this is a good value.
Is there any advice how to set the value of maxNumOffsets?
Regards,
Sining Ma

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-02-26, 01:25