Kafka >> mail # user >> We have an invalid message in a segment, how to deal with it?

+
Matthew Rathbone 2013-04-13, 17:31
+
Jay Kreps 2013-04-13, 18:28
+
Jay Kreps 2013-04-13, 18:32
Re: We have an invalid message in a segment, how to deal with it?
Ok, so yeah it doesn't sound like that is what happened. on this partition.
FWIW all other 8 partitions were fine.

What I ended up doing was deleting partition N + all partitions > N (which
was about ~1 hour of data, given we just had a 8 hour outage this seemed
justifiable)

I can take a copy of the logs and try to search through them to find out
what happened. For future reference is there a way to force the kafka
server to perform recovery on all the segments?

If there had been a main() I could have run on the file to perform recovery
manually that would have been superb, not sure how easy that would be to
wire up?