Kafka, mail # dev - Re: Thoughts on using Ant+Ivy for the build? - 2013-04-08, 19:53

Scott Carey 2013-04-08, 21:10
+
David Arthur 2013-04-05, 19:55
+
Jun Rao 2013-04-08, 05:06
+
David Arthur 2013-04-08, 12:44
Re: Thoughts on using Ant+Ivy for the build?
Ant and Ivy also bring in lots of free stuff as well as the flexibility
to do non-standard things

It seems that SBT is a moving target (as is Scala itself, being such a
new tech), and keeping up with SBT changes and people's plugins hosted
on GitHub sounds like a pain. Maven and Ant/Ivy are mature and stable
and well understood.

Without digressing too much into a Maven/Ant+Ivy/SBT debate, it is clear
that there are issues with the current build. I'm proposing Ant+Ivy, if
enough people buy into this - great we'll use Ant. If not, also great -
I'm simply forcing the dialog :)

Also, if what I'm proposing is accepted, I would be willing to maintain
this piece of the project in the longer term.

-David