Kafka >> mail # dev >> kafka 0.8 vs. scala 2.9.2

kafka 0.8 vs. scala 2.9.2
I need to use some of the newly added functions of kafka 0.8. However, in
our system,
we support scala 2.9.2. I build my code together kafka 0.8 and scala 2.9.2
and I got alot
of runtime issues, one of them is:
scala/Tuple2$mcLL$sp
at kafka.producer.ProducerConfig.<init>(ProducerConfig.scala:29)

I google searched and it seems there are also some people complaining about
the same
issue but no real solution to it.

Is kafka 0.8 compatible with scala 2.9.2? Can kafka 0.8 provide a build
with scal 2.9.2?

thanks,
Jane