Kafka, mail # user - Performance of jBOD

+
Graeme Wallace 2013-10-02, 23:36
Re: Performance of jBOD
Jun Rao 2013-10-03, 04:29
If you use a reasonable fetch size in the consumer (e.g. 100+KB) or above,
you could probably get most of the sequential scan performance from those
disks. Do you mean 250 Mbits or MBytes?

Thanks,

Jun
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Graeme Wallace <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We notice that we get a lot higher performance from Kafka up until the
> point where disk reads are taking place. (which is to be expected as its
> reading from filesystem cache).
>
> However, given that we have 12x7200rpm SATA disks configured as jBOD - what
> sort of disk read performance should i see reported by dstat when things
> are running flat out ?
>
> I'm seeing 250-340Mb sustained.
>
> --
> Graeme Wallace