Kafka, mail # user - Kafka startup/restart process

Kafka startup/restart process
Vadim Keylis 2013-08-18, 22:33
Good afternoon. We are running kafka on centos linux. I enabled controlled
shutdown in the property file. We are starting/stopping kafka using init
script. The init script will issue term signal first followed 3 seconds
later by kill signal. Is that right process to shutdown kafka? Which
startup/shutdown/restart script you guys use? What shutdown process
linkedin uses? What side effects could be after kafka service is killed
uncleanly using kill -9 signal?

Thanks,
Vadim