Kafka, mail # user - produce request failed: due to Leader not local for partition

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-06-23, 08:45
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-24, 03:23
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-06-24, 07:23
+
Joel Koshy 2013-06-24, 08:57
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-24, 14:50
+
Joel Koshy 2013-06-24, 15:45
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-06-24, 21:50
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-25, 04:05
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-06-25, 04:50
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-25, 05:01
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-06-25, 05:14
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-06-25, 05:25
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-06-25, 05:53
Re: produce request failed: due to Leader not local for partition
Jason Rosenberg 2013-06-29, 13:22
I added this scenario to KAFKA-955.

I'm thinking that this scenario could be a problem for ack=0 in general
(even without controlled shutdown).  If we do an "uncontrolled" shutdown,
it seems that some topics won't ever know there could have been a leader
change.  Would it make sense to force a meta-data refresh for all topics on
a broker, any time an IOException happens on a socket (e.g. "connection
reset")?  Currently, it looks like only the topic that experiences the
failure will have a metadata refresh issued for it.

Maybe this should be a separate jira issue, now that I think about it.

Jason

+
Jun Rao 2013-07-01, 04:33
+