Kafka, mail # user - Expected behavior for clustered kafka setup

+
Karl Kirch 2013-04-23, 15:50
+
Karl Kirch 2013-04-23, 16:02
Re: Expected behavior for clustered kafka setup
Neha Narkhede 2013-04-23, 18:16
What kind of producer do you use ? Zookeeper based or broker list ?

Thanks,
Neha

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Karl Kirch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For some extra info, this was a restart of the just zookeeper and kafka, our clients were all still online.
>
> Karl
>
> On Apr 23, 2013, at 10:50 AM, Karl Kirch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote:
>
>> Our setup is a three node cluster, we have a Kafka 0.7.2 (with 10 partitions per node) and Zookeeper 3.3.4 on each node. I'm seeing that only one broker is being used to actually send messages through. We're seeing this behavior after a restart and deletion of the kafka data (/tmp/kafka-logs). In the past its used all three and worked fine.
>>
>> Is this normal? (i.e. it takes some time to spread across the cluster) Or should it distribute stuff immediately?
>>
>> Karl

+
Karl Kirch 2013-04-23, 18:25
+