Kafka, mail # user - Multiple consumer connectors in process - lag metrics?

Multiple consumer connectors in process - lag metrics?
Jason Rosenberg 2013-11-15, 03:48
Hi,

We are experimenting with having multiple consumer connectors running in
the same process, under the same groupId (but with different topic filters).

I'm wondering what the expected effect of this is with metrics, like
ConsumerFetcherManager.<groupid>-MaxLag

It looks like in AbstractFetcherManager, that it creates a yammer Gauge for
this, probably repeatedly for each connector created?

I'm not sure this metric will do the right thing?  Will it just show the
first (or the last one) registered?

Jason

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-11-15, 14:59