Kafka >> mail # user >> Leader doesn't get assigned for new topics

Re: Leader doesn't get assigned for new topics
Neha/Jun,

The same problem started happening again although now our zookeeper cluster
is configured correctly. The produce always failed with
LeaderNotAvailableException and list topics shows topic is created with
leader "none". In the controller and stage-change log, I am seeing lot of
these failures..
[2013-09-17 19:21:36,531] WARN [KafkaApi-2] Produce request with
correlation id 622369865 from client  on partition [FunnelProto,6] failed
due to Partition [FunnelProto,6] doesn't exist on 2 (kafka.server.KafkaApis)
[2013-09-17 19:21:36,531] WARN [KafkaApi-2] Produce request with
correlation id 622369865 from client  on partition [internal_metrics,3]
failed due to Partition [internal_metrics,3] doesn't exist on 2
(kafka.server.KafkaApis)
[2013-09-17 19:21:36,531] WARN [KafkaApi-2] Produce request with
correlation id 622369865 from client  on partition [FunnelProto,0] failed
due to Partition [FunnelProto,0] doesn't exist on 2 (kafka.server.KafkaApis)
[2013-09-17 19:21:36,531] WARN [KafkaApi-2] Produce request with
correlation id 622369865 from client  on partition [jmx,3] failed due to
Partition [jmx,3] doesn't exist on 2 (kafka.server.KafkaApis)
[2013-09-17 19:21:36,531] WARN [KafkaApi-2] Produce request with
correlation id 622369865 from client  on partition [FunnelProto,5] failed
due to Partition [FunnelProto,5] doesn't exist on 2 (kafka.server.KafkaApis)
When I ran listTopics command for one of above topic, all partitions are
under replicated (we have replication factor set to 3). Any clues on what
could be issue and how can we get it back to working?

Thanks,
Raja.

Thanks,
Raja.