Kafka >> mail # user >> Limit on number of Kafka Topic

Re: Limit on number of Kafka Topic
We've seen big performace degradation when we tested 1024 topics, so we've
opted to go for a much smaller topic count (< 100).

On the read side, I think performance is largely driven by the ability of
the operating system to effectively cache access to #partitions*topic
files. Clearly if you divide your available memory by 1024 topics you'll
have less in the file cache per topic than you would with only 3 topics
(for example).

--
Matthew Rathbone
Foursquare | Software Engineer | Server Engineering Team