Kafka, mail # user - Re: Replacing brokers in a cluster (0.8) - 2013-07-22, 17:41

Re: Replacing brokers in a cluster (0.8)
Is the kafka-reassign-partitions tool something I can experiment with now
(this will only be staging data, in the first go-round).  How does it work?
 Do I manually have to specify each replica I want to move?  This would be
cumbersome, as I have on the order of 100's of topics....Or does the tool
have the ability to specify all replicas on a particular broker?  How can I
easily check whether a partition has all its replicas in the ISR?

For some reason, I had thought there would be a default behavior, whereby a
replica could automatically be declared dead after a configurable timeout
period.

Re-assigning broker id's would not be ideal, since I have a scheme
currently whereby broker id's are auto-generated, from a hostname/ip, etc.
 I could make it work, but it's not my preference to override that!

Jason