Kafka >> mail # user >> can the replication factor for a topic be changed after it's created?

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-05-09, 05:28
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-05-09, 05:49
Re: can the replication factor for a topic be changed after it's created?
so does that, thereby, allow you to increase the replication for a
partition?
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> If you add more brokers to an existing cluster, you can use the partition
> reassignment admin tool to move a replica of selected partitions over to
> the new broker.
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
>

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Jason Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > It looks like by default, the first time a new message arrives for a
> given
> > topic, it will receive the default replication factor in place on the
> > broker at the time it is first received.
> >
> > Is it possible to change this later (e.g. say if we add more hardware to
> > the cluster at a later date, etc.)?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jason

+