Kafka, mail # user - Re: Kafka stops accepting messages for existing topics after a hostname change and restart - 2013-10-04, 17:19
Solr & Elasticsearch trainings in New York & San Fransisco [more info]

Re: Kafka stops accepting messages for existing topics after a hostname change and restart
I did restart broker very quickly. I saw similar errors for about 5 mins
and that's when I decided to shutdown all kafka brokers and start them one
by one. That seems to have enabled writes in kafka instantly after brokers
were back up.

How do I do a controlled shutdown?  The kafka shutdown script doesnt seem
to work for me and I assumed the kill -15 command should trigger a shutdown
in kafka (I saw messages like kafka shutdown in the logs too)