Kafka >> mail # user >> generate message consumers as kafka server threads

generate message consumers as kafka server threads
Hi

I have a question about kafka servers.
Can I generate several consumer thread when I start kafka servers?
In other words, right now in our program kafka servers and consumers are
two different processes. We use SimpleConsumer instance and do
inter-process communication in order to fetch messages. We want to optimize
our system architecture through integrating consumers into kafka servers.
In this way, consumers will become kafka server threads and we can read
messages from shared memory. This will be more efficient than current
design.

Are there any api that allow me to do this or I can pass some flags to
kafka server to invoke this functionality?

--
Regards,
Sining Ma

+