Kafka >> mail # dev >> Re: Offset commit api

+
Jun Rao 2012-12-18, 16:06
Re: Offset commit api
Good point about compressed message sets. I think that that works and is
simpler. We might still need the txn id to be able to do the application to
the hashmap atomically, but this depends on a number of details that aren't
really spec'd out, in particular how the replicas keep their hashmap fed
and how we fail over when mastership changes.

-Jay