Kafka, mail # user - Re: Producer can't initialize if zk host down (0.7.2) - 2013-05-21, 22:05
Solr & Elasticsearch trainings in New York & San Fransisco [more info]

Re: Producer can't initialize if zk host down (0.7.2)
Thanks Neha,

I see now that is true.  It looks like it just needs to resolve all the
hosts (but doesn't need zk to be available on each host).  So
decommissioning a zknode (and removing from dns) is a bit more sensitive
than I thought.  I can't think of any reason that zkClient should require
this behavior, other than for keeping clean configurations.  But it makes
it difficult to roll in new changes to the cluster layout while keeping
services up.

Jason