Kafka, mail # user - Re: Anyone running kafka with a single broker in production? what about only 8GB ram? - 2013-10-11, 19:55

Re: Anyone running kafka with a single broker in production? what about only 8GB ram?
I'm also curious to know what is the limiting factor of kafka write
throughput?

I've never seen reports higher than 100mb/sec, obviously disks can provide
much more. In my own test with single broker, single partition, single
replica:
bin/kafka-producer-perf-test.sh --topics perf --threads 10 --broker-list
10.80.42.154:9092 --messages 5000000 --message-size 3000
It tops around 90MB/sec. Cpu, disk, memory, network, everything is
chilling, but still I can't get higher numbers.
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Bruno D. Rodrigues <