Kafka >> mail # user >> Pinging?

Kafka does not have a simple ping command that clients can use. I see that
such a command is useful comparable to the "ruok" command that zookeeper
provides. This is also useful for scripting up a simple Kafka healthcheck.
Currently, the only option is to use one of the non produce/consume
commands like TopicMetadataRequest or OffsetRequest.

HTH,
Neha