Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: exception report

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-05-07, 14:06
Re: exception report
The topic name should only consist of ascii characters and '_' and '-'. I
agree that this error message is misleading though. Which version of Kafka
are you running ?

Thanks,
Neha
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Yu, Libo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I tried to launch the server, I got this exception:
> [2013-05-09 11:38:04,106] INFO Loading log 'lost+found'
> (kafka.log.LogManage
> r)
> [2013-05-09 11:38:04,108] FATAL Fatal error during KafkaServerStable
> startup
> . Prepare to shutdown (kafka.server.KafkaServerStartable)
> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
>         at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1911)
>         at
> kafka.log.LogManager.kafka$log$LogManager$$parseTopicPartitionNam
> e(LogManager.scala:320)
>         at
> kafka.log.LogManager$$anonfun$loadLogs$1$$anonfun$apply$3.apply(L
> ogManager.scala:115)
>         at
> kafka.log.LogManager$$anonfun$loadLogs$1$$anonfun$apply$3.apply(L
> ogManager.scala:112)
>         at
> scala.collection.IndexedSeqOptimized$class.foreach(IndexedSeqOptimized.scala:34)
>         at scala.collection.mutable.ArrayOps.foreach(ArrayOps.scala:34)
>         at
> kafka.log.LogManager$$anonfun$loadLogs$1.apply(LogManager.scala:112)
>         at
> kafka.log.LogManager$$anonfun$loadLogs$1.apply(LogManager.scala:104)
>         at
> scala.collection.IndexedSeqOptimized$class.foreach(IndexedSeqOptimized.scala:34)
>         at
> scala.collection.mutable.WrappedArray.foreach(WrappedArray.scala:32)
>         at kafka.log.LogManager.loadLogs(LogManager.scala:104)
>         at kafka.log.LogManager.<init>(LogManager.scala:56)
>         at kafka.server.KafkaServer.createLogManager(KafkaServer.scala:181)
>         at kafka.server.KafkaServer.startup(KafkaServer.scala:67)
>
> Regards,
>
> Libo

+
Chris Curtin 2013-05-09, 16:32