Kafka, mail # user - Logo

+
Jay Kreps 2012-12-19, 18:03
+
David Arthur 2012-12-19, 18:13
Re: Logo
Jay Kreps 2012-12-19, 18:24
Yeah it comes from the author. There is no direct connection--i.e. Franz
Kafka did not write about unifying all your data in a high-throughput
distributed log thing as far as I know. :-)

We had previous gone with a Harry Potter theme at LinkedIn, but after a
half dozen projects had kind of exhausted the good Harry Potter related
names. "Kafka" sounds cool and kind of kept the literary theme.

-Jay
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM, David Arthur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Somewhat tangential, but where did the name Kafka come from? Is it a
> reference to Franz Kafka and The Metamorphosis (or other work)? I ask,
> because knowing how the name "Kafka" relates to a distribute pub/sub system
> might help inspire ideas for a logo.
>
> -David
>

> On 12/19/12 1:03 PM, Jay Kreps wrote:
>
>> A few people have asked about getting a logo for Kafka. I think this would
>> be a great idea!
>>
>> Oliver has kindly offered to have a someone at Datadog take a shot at it.
>> If that doesn't pan out I am happy to do a 99designs contest to get us
>> more
>> options.
>>
>> It would be good for people to use this thread to give ideas or thoughts
>> on
>> what might be good. I will follow up with mine. I will give this a day or
>> so and then try to summarize the suggestions/guidance so that any
>> potential
>> designer isn't overwhelmed by contradictory suggestions.
>>
>> -Jay

+
Neha Narkhede 2012-12-19, 22:24
+