Kafka, mail # user - Re: Kafka crashed after multiple topics were added - 2013-08-14, 20:59

Re: Kafka crashed after multiple topics were added

These would be highly specific to capacity planning for your use
cases, but you would typically need to take into account the volume of
each topic, desired consumer parallelism, available hardware and so
on. We have an operations wiki
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Operations), but
definitely needs some updates for 0.8.
Not sure how you got into that state. It could be that while a log
segment was being created you ran out of file handles - i.e,. the log
file was created but not the index file although I would have to look
at the code more closely to confirm. In any event, I think in this
case you would just need to delete these log files from disk.