Kafka, mail # user - Re: Client improvement discussion - 2013-07-26, 22:41

Tommy Messbauer 2013-07-29, 15:28
+
Jay Kreps 2013-07-26, 19:00
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-07-26, 21:46
Re: Client improvement discussion
+1 to making the API use bytes and push serialization into the client. This
is effectively what I am doing currently anyway. I implemented a generic
Encoder<ByteString> which just passes the bytes through.

I also like the idea of the client being written in pure Java. Interacting
with Scala code from Java isn't nearly as nice as the other way around.

Just my 2 cents.

-Xavier