Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0-beta1.jar doesn't include kafka.utils.TestUtils

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-08-19, 16:25
Re: kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0-beta1.jar doesn't include kafka.utils.TestUtils
These are really tests, not something we should necessarily ship. They live
in the kafka-test jar, which I think is right. You can build them by
running
 ./sbt test:package
I would prefer adding this to the main package target rather than moving
our test code into the main source directory.

-Jay
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> You raised a good point. The same is true for all the tools that are
> under src/core/src/test/scala/other/kafka.
> I think we need to fix the packaging under src/core/test. Probably move the
> tools under core/src/main/scala/kafka/tools so that it goes in the main
> Kafka jar. And either include the test utils there or publish a test jar.
> Please can you file a JIRA for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
>

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Wu, Jiang2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In Kafka source code,  kafka.utils.TestUtils is defined in
> > src/core/src/test/scala/unit/kafka/utils/TestUtils.scala, but the
> > kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0-beta1.jar doesn't include kafka.utils.TestUtils. I'm
> > wondering how to write java unit test using kafka.utils.TestUtils?
> Should I
> > use some other jars or to compile one from the scala source code? Sorry
> if
> > it's a rudimentary question; I know little about scala, just know it can
> be
> > compiled to java class.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jiang