Kafka >> mail # user >> Copy kafka data between servers?

+
Jason Huang 2013-02-27, 10:11
+
Jun Rao 2013-02-27, 17:48
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-02-27, 17:58
Re: Copy kafka data between servers?
Thanks for the response.

I apologize - I should have mentioned that we are trying out kafka 0.8
because of its new exciting features.

So for 0.8, what do I need to do with the zookeeper data? copy
zookeeper file from $dataDir in zookeeper.properties from server A to
server B, and then run server B's kafka instance?

Jason

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jason,
>
> Assuming this question is for 0.7, you can just copy the data in the log
> directory and restart the new broker. You don't need to copy the zookeeper
> data.
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
> On Feb 27, 2013 2:11 AM, "Jason Huang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a way to migrate kafka data from server A to another server B?
>>
>> Can I just copy the data from $log.dir in server.properties and
>> zookeeper file from $dataDir in zookeeper.properties from server A to
>> server B, and then run server B's kafka instance?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Jason

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-02-27, 23:59