Kafka >> mail # user >> Consume from X messages ago

Re: Consume from X messages ago
This API is exposed through the SimpleConsumer scala class. See
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/core/src/main/scala/kafka/consumer/SimpleConsumer.scala#L60

You will need to set earliestOrLatest to -1 for the latest offset.

There is also a command line tool
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/core/src/main/scala/kafka/tools/GetOffsetShell.scala

-David