Kafka, mail # user - Managing Millions of Paritions in Kafka

Re: Managing Millions of Paritions in Kafka
Neha Narkhede 2013-10-06, 08:00
Kafka is designed to have of the order of few thousands of partitions
roughly less than 10,000. And the main bottleneck is zookeeper. A better
way to design such a system is to have fewer partitions and use keyed
messages to distribute the data over a fixed set of partitions.

Thanks,
Neha