Kafka >> mail # user >> 0.8.0 HEAD 3/4/2013 performance jump?

Re: 0.8.0 HEAD 3/4/2013 performance jump?
Hi Jun,

I wasn't explicitly setting the ack anywhere.

Am I reading the code correctly that in SyncProducerConfig.scala the
DefaultRequiredAcks is 0? Thus not waiting on the leader?

Setting:  props.put("request.required.acks", "1"); causes the writes to go
back to the performance I was seeing before yesterday.

Are you guys open to changing the default to be 1? The MongoDB Java-driver
guys made a similar default change at the end of last year because many
people didn't understand the risk that the default value of no-ack was
putting them in until they had a node failure. So they default to 'safe'
and let you decide what your risk level is vs. assuming you can lose data.

Thanks,

Chris