Kafka >> mail # user >> Correlation id

Re: Correlation id
Multiple produce requests are sent asynchronously over the same socket.
Suppose you send 2 requests and get back single response, how do you figure
out which one it corresponds to of those 2 requests ? Correlation Id helps
here.
AFAIK, correlation Id is added to produce requests and broker uses the same
id in its response so that the producer can keep track of its requests.
Correlation Id also helps in debugging issues as now you can uniquely
identify requests across producer and broker logs.