Kafka, mail # dev - Re: review board is available - 2013-09-10, 04:18

Re: review board is available
Yeah the lack of integration is kind of maddening if you have ever used
github.

My recommendation is that we treat Review Board as just a patch viewer and
discussion tool. In other words you must have a JIRA and a link to the
appropriate review board there. We should make no effort to use review
board's dashboard or close the rbs or anything like that. I think it is
reasonable to give the +1 in RB, though.

Not sure how other projects do it.

One simple thing that would help would be to get a wrapper script for
post-review and the jira command-line tool (
https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/JIRA+Command+Line+Interface).
I want something that takes a JIRA such as KAFKA-123 and generates a patch
and uploads it to both JIRA and rb, updating an existing rb if one is
specified.

-Jay