Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: no partition leader yet for partition 0 (0.8.0)

Re: no partition leader yet for partition 0 (0.8.0)
Hi,

I saw Neha's comment in the JIRA and I understand it.

However, it occurred to me after reading it that there might be a second
issue. When I created the topics and didn't define a partition count, it
created only one partition. However in my server.properties file I've set
'num.partitions' to 5.

Shouldn't this have caused the new topic to have 5 partitions by default?

A quick look at the code for CreateTopicCommand.scala shows the option
being defaulted to 1. If the only way to create topics is via that command,
what is the 'num.partitions' used for?

Thanks,

Chris