Kafka >> mail # user >> no logs received when a broker restart after clearing its logs

+
Helin Xiang 2013-04-17, 10:08
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-04-17, 13:25
Re: no logs received when a broker restart after clearing its logs
Thanks Neha.

Yes, I believe we run into this issue.

We will try this patch. Currently,  make topic-partition directory manually
is OK for us.
Guodong
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Can you check if you are hitting this
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-278 ?
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
>
> On Wednesday, April 17, 2013, Helin Xiang wrote:
>
> > Hi, we are using kafka 0.7.2
> >
> > We start 2 brokers, and running for a while. After that, we shut 1 broker
> > down, remove its data directory, and restart it. But the broker won't
> > receive any logs.
> > We checked the zookeeper, finding that old topic contain only 1 broker
> id.
> > After that, we manually make some directories with names of old topics
> > under the data directory.
> > We restart the broker this time, and find it's ok to receive logs of
> those
> > topics.
> >
> > Could it possibly be a  bug or does it have to behave like this for some
> > reason we don't know?
> >
> > THANKS
> >
> > --
> > *Best Regards