Kafka >> mail # user >> calling ad-hoc topic creation from code

Re: calling ad-hoc topic creation from code
David,

Topic creation can fail if you specify the replication factor > # of
brokers in the cluster. Can you check if that is true in your case?
Unfortunately, I don't think we fail the createTopic() API with the
appropriate exception since there is still a race condition where the
broker can come up after you do the check and before you throw the
exception. We are trying to fix this behavior in one of the upcoming
releases to let topic creation succeed even if the # of live brokers in the
cluster is less than the replication factor at topic creation time.

Thanks,
Neha
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:39 AM, David Morales de Frías <