Kafka, mail # user - Re: Kafka/Hadoop consumers and producers - 2013-08-13, 17:27

Re: Kafka/Hadoop consumers and producers
Thanks Andrew. I upgrade it to use the high level consumer.
________________________________
 From: Andrew Psaltis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Kam Kasravi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Ken Goodhope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Andrew Psaltis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Felix GV <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Cosmin Lehene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 8:20 PM
Subject: Re: Kafka/Hadoop consumers and producers

Kam,
I am perfectly fine if you pick this up. After thinking about it for a
while, we are going to upgrade to Kafka 0.8.0 and also use Camus as it
more closely matches our use case, with the caveat of we do not use Avro.
With that said, I will try and work on the back-port of custom data writer
patch[1], however, I am not sure how quickly I will get this done as we
are going to work towards upgrading our Kafka cluster.

Thanks,
Andrew

[1]
https://github.com/linkedin/camus/commit/87917a2aea46da9d21c8f67129f6463af5