Kafka, mail # user - It would be nice to be able to read Kafka topics in reverse.

Re: It would be nice to be able to read Kafka topics in reverse.
Jay Kreps 2014-02-05, 23:46
Technically this is possible with the existing server and protocol and
could be implemented using the "low level" network client. The high-level
client doesn't really allow this. This would be a good thing to think about
as we start on the redesign of that client. I don't think it has to be
terribly convenient because it is not a very common use case, but just
being able to read chunks and reverse them in memory would allow this, so I
think the only thing needed is the ability to set your offset easily.

-Jay