Kafka, mail # user - Re: Kafka throw InvalidMessageException and lost data - 2013-03-25, 04:23

Re: Kafka throw InvalidMessageException and lost data
Hi Neha,

I am sorry, we couldn't find the detail reason of this bug. But we do
believe that the bug is in java.nio package. Something bad may happen
during sync-producer sends data in byteBuffer or broker receives data from
the channel.

The serialize/deserialize process is right, because we enable valid-message
in producer, the crc checksum is right in client. But the crc checksum is
invalid in the server.
BTW: the bug is only reproduced in high concurrency situation.

Thanks.