Kafka >> mail # user >> Using Kafka Metrics

+
Vimpy Batra 2013-09-18, 21:21
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-09-18, 21:56
+
Vimpy Batra 2013-09-18, 22:07
Re: Using Kafka Metrics
Each broker will only report metrics for the partitions that exist on that
broker. In order to get a global view of metrics, you will need to collect
metrics from all brokers.

Thanks,
Neha
On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Vimpy Batra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In case there are multiple brokers, is there an overlap in the metric
> values they report? Let's say a topic is partitioned onto multiple broker
> nodes and we want topic level metrics. Will all the brokers be reporting
> the same value?
> Should we tap into one broker to get all the metrics or do we need to
> capture metrics from all the brokers?
>
> Thanks
>

> On Sep 18, 2013, at 2:55 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > If you start a Kafka broker, it should start reporting metrics
> > automatically. But I'm not sure if I understood your question completely.
> > Can you elaborate on what problem you saw with metrics collection?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Neha
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Vimpy Batra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am using Kafka-0.8 and have a module to write metrics to Graphite. I
> >> have a multi node cluster and was wondering if I need to enable metrics
> >> reporting on all of them. Any advice will be helpful.
> >>
> >> Thanks,

+
Sanjay Mengani 2014-03-20, 14:32
+