Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com search-devops.com

Kafka >> mail # user >> partitioning

+
Stan Rosenberg 2013-01-10, 20:00
+
Jun Rao 2013-01-11, 05:37
Re: partitioning
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:37 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My use case is essentially the same as above, i.e., dynamic load balancing.
 I now understand why the current partitioning strategy is used as opposed
to consistent hashing; partition "stickiness"
is definitely to be desired for the sake of moving computation to data.
However, the dynamic rebalancing as described in "Kafka Replication
Design", sect. 1.2 looks very similar to what's typically achieved by using
consistent hashing.
Is this rebalancing implemented in 0.8 or am I reading the now obsolete
documentation? :)  (If yes, could you please refer me to the code.)

Thanks,

stan

+
Maxime Brugidou 2013-01-14, 16:37