Kafka >> mail # user >> changing broker hosts with 0.7.2

Re: changing broker hosts with 0.7.2
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Philip O'Toole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Not sure I understand.  I need for a node to be taken out of the pool that
producers produce to, but still need consumers consuming from all brokers,
while we drain data from the brokers to be replaced.

Since I am using zk for producers to discover brokers, there's not an easy
way to tell producers to stop producing to a sub-set of nodes, without also
having the same affect on consumers.

Maybe I should first switch all producers to use a brokerlist, pointing to
only the new hosts.  But still have all the hosts in zk.....that might
work, I should think.  But then I'm making the commitment not to be using
zk to connect to the brokers for producers.

Jason