Kafka, mail # user - 0.8.0 HEAD 3/4/2013 performance jump?

0.8.0 HEAD 3/4/2013 performance jump?
Chris Curtin 2013-03-04, 20:01
Hi,

I'm definitely not complaining, but after upgrading to HEAD today my
producers are running much, much faster.

Don't have any measurements, but last release I was able to tab windows to
stop a Broker before I could generate 500 partitioned messages. Now it
completes before I can get the Broker shutdown!

Anything in particular you guys fixed?

(I did remove all the files on disk per the email thread last week and
reset the ZooKeeper meta, but that shouldn't matter right?)

Very impressive!

Thanks,

Chris