Kafka >> mail # user >> auto-delete empty, old topics?

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-06, 23:15
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-06, 23:39
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-07, 00:21
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-07, 02:08
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-08, 05:13
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-08, 06:20
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-14, 21:04
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-14, 21:17
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-14, 21:39
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-14, 22:20
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-14, 22:23
+
Jun Rao 2013-03-15, 15:18
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-15, 21:19
+
Jun Rao 2013-03-16, 04:48
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-17, 06:08
+
Jun Rao 2013-03-17, 16:09
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-18, 06:11
+
Jun Rao 2013-03-18, 16:31
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-18, 20:38
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-18, 21:29
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-19, 01:12
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-18, 18:05
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-18, 20:35
Re: auto-delete empty, old topics?
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> In 0.8, this is controlled by the auto.create.topics.enable config on the
> brokers. If this is set to true, topics will be created when a topic
> metadata request is sent for a new topic. This feature is provided to aid
> with the 0.7->0.8 migration tool and the mirror maker tools. These tools
> copy data for almost all topics from one cluster to the other, so auto
> creating topics makes it much easier to migrate data between clusters.
I just want to add, that we have a use case where it is nice to able to
have auto-created topics, as part of the design in regular operation.
 Thus, I'd hope the 'auto.create.topics.enable' has a purpose beyond just
migrating data, etc!  It should be a first class use case, in my view.

Thanks!