Kafka >> mail # user >> auto-delete empty, old topics?

Re: auto-delete empty, old topics?
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> In 0.8, this is controlled by the auto.create.topics.enable config on the
> brokers. If this is set to true, topics will be created when a topic
> metadata request is sent for a new topic. This feature is provided to aid
> with the 0.7->0.8 migration tool and the mirror maker tools. These tools
> copy data for almost all topics from one cluster to the other, so auto
> creating topics makes it much easier to migrate data between clusters.
I just want to add, that we have a use case where it is nice to able to
have auto-created topics, as part of the design in regular operation.
 Thus, I'd hope the 'auto.create.topics.enable' has a purpose beyond just
migrating data, etc!  It should be a first class use case, in my view.

Thanks!