Kafka, mail # user - Re: 0.8.0-beta1 is now available in public maven - 2013-07-15, 04:27

Joe Stein 2013-07-15, 01:33
+
Dima Gutzeit 2013-07-15, 01:38
+
chetan conikee 2013-07-15, 01:45
+
Joe Stein 2013-07-15, 02:07
Re: 0.8.0-beta1 is now available in public maven
Thanks for doing this!

I'm wondering whether there is a reason to prefer one version of scala over
another, if we don't have any other particular scala dependency in our
code.  Are the newer versions better/more efficient, some how?  We've
essentially been using 2.8.0 so far, which seems to be fine (so I'm not
particularly inclined to change, but I'm just curious).

One thing I notice, in the pom file, there are 2 dependencies listed for
zookeeper, one of which has an exclusion clause, the other does not.   I
assume this is not intended:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.zookeeper</groupId>
<artifactId>zookeeper</artifactId>