Kafka >> mail # dev >> 0.8.0-beta1 is now available in public maven

+
Joe Stein 2013-07-15, 01:33
+
Dima Gutzeit 2013-07-15, 01:38
+
chetan conikee 2013-07-15, 01:45
+
Joe Stein 2013-07-15, 02:07
Re: 0.8.0-beta1 is now available in public maven
Thanks for doing this!

I'm wondering whether there is a reason to prefer one version of scala over
another, if we don't have any other particular scala dependency in our
code.  Are the newer versions better/more efficient, some how?  We've
essentially been using 2.8.0 so far, which seems to be fine (so I'm not
particularly inclined to change, but I'm just curious).

One thing I notice, in the pom file, there are 2 dependencies listed for
zookeeper, one of which has an exclusion clause, the other does not.   I
assume this is not intended:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.zookeeper</groupId>
<artifactId>zookeeper</artifactId>
<version>3.3.4</version>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<groupId>log4j</groupId>
<artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<groupId>jline</groupId>
<artifactId>jline</artifactId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>

and then
On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Joe Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> SBT uses Maven Central as a default repository (local ivy too).
>
> The artifacts are published to Maven Central so nothing you should have
> to-do except to specify the libraryDependencies
>
> In regards to 2.10.X support I took a really quick look at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-717 (lots to go through in
> that
> ticket it seems) will try some of the patch applys tomorrow and see how
> they go.  I would be in favor of it being part of the 0.8.0 final if it all
> gets through and looks good and committing it to the 0.8 branch and not
> only trunk but lets see first what is involved building 2.10.0, 2.10.1 and
> 2.10.2 and what is going to take to get it working with the patches
> submitted.
>

> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 9:44 PM, chetan conikee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Excellent
> >
> > What about the resolver ? sonatype, typeafe. maven artifactory ?
> > Any plans for a 2.10+ compile as well
> >

> > On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Dima Gutzeit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > What about the "newer" (not so new anymore) scala version 2.10.0 and
> up ?
> > > When will it be supported officially ?
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Dima Gutzeit.