Kafka >> mail # user >> Surprisingly high network traffic between kafka servers

+
Carl Lerche 2014-02-05, 04:46
+
Guozhang Wang 2014-02-05, 05:26
+
Jay Kreps 2014-02-05, 05:37
+
Carl Lerche 2014-02-05, 05:52
+
Jay Kreps 2014-02-05, 20:31
+
Carl Lerche 2014-02-06, 00:51
+
Joel Koshy 2014-02-06, 01:18
+
Neha Narkhede 2014-02-06, 12:06
+
Carl Lerche 2014-02-07, 03:49
+
Neha Narkhede 2014-02-07, 04:25
+
Jun Rao 2014-02-07, 05:06
+
Carl Lerche 2014-02-07, 07:44
+
Carl Lerche 2014-02-07, 07:47
+
Joe Stein 2014-02-07, 13:43
+
Carl Lerche 2014-02-07, 21:29
+
Carl Lerche 2014-02-07, 07:18
Re: Surprisingly high network traffic between kafka servers
Sorry I'm not a ops person, but what tools do you use to monitor traffic
between servers?
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 11:46 PM, Carl Lerche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running a 0.8.0 Kafka cluster of 3 servers. The service that it is
> for is not in full production yet, so the data written to cluster is
> minimal (seems to average between 100kb/s -> 300kb/s per server). I
> have configured Kafka to have a 3 replicas. I am noticing that each
> Kafka server is talking to all the others at a data rate of 40MB/s for
> each server (so, a total of 80MB/s for each server). This
> communication is constant.
>
> Is this normal? This seems like very strange behavior and I'm not
> exactly sure how to debug.
>
> Thanks,
> Carl

+