Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Plain View
Kafka >> mail # user >> kafka.common.FailedToSendMessageException - 0.8


+
Ran RanUser 2013-06-20, 07:09
+
Marc Labbe 2013-06-20, 12:49
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-20, 15:02
+
Ran RanUser 2013-06-23, 07:14
+
Yogesh Sangvikar 2013-06-25, 04:21
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-25, 04:36
+
Yogesh Sangvikar 2013-06-25, 05:19
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-25, 16:39
+
Markus Roder 2013-06-25, 05:56
+
Florin Trofin 2013-06-25, 07:12
+
Jonathan Hodges 2013-06-25, 10:58
+
Jonathan Hodges 2013-06-25, 11:09
Copy link to this message
-
Re: kafka.common.FailedToSendMessageException: Failed to send messages after 3 tries.
Hi Team,

It is interesting to note that, the same code is working fine with kafka
0.8 release ( earlier to kafka-0.8.0-beta1-candidate1) with properties like
"broker.list" and "props.put("producer.type", "sync");" OR
"props.put("producer.type", "async");".

I suppose, the producer.type=sync is working wrongly in release
kafka-0.8.0-beta1-candidate1.
Team please have a look on this.
If my understanding is wrong please help to correct.

Thanks,
Yogesh Sangvikar

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Jonathan Hodges <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We are able to telnet to each of the Kafka nodes from the producer so it
> doesn't appear to be a connectivity issue.
>
> DNVCOML-2D3FFT3:~ uhodgjo$ telnet x.x.x.168 9092
> Trying x.x.x.168...
> Connected to x.x.x.168.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> ^CConnection closed by foreign host.
> DNVCOML-2D3FFT3:~ uhodgjo$ telnet x.x.x.48 9092
> Trying x.x.x.48...
> Connected to x.x.x.48.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> ^CConnection closed by foreign host.
> DNVCOML-2D3FFT3:~ uhodgjo$ telnet x.x.x.234 9092
> Trying x.x.x.234...
> Connected to x.x.x.234.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> ^CConnection closed by foreign host.
> DNVCOML-2D3FFT3:~ uhodgjo$ telnet x.x.x.121 9092
> Trying x.x.x.121...
> Connected to x.x.x.121.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> ^CConnection closed by foreign host.
> DNVCOML-2D3FFT3:~ uhodgjo$ telnet x.x.x.236 9092
> Trying x.x.x.236...
> Connected to x.x.x.236.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> ^CConnection closed by foreign host.
> DNVCOML-2D3FFT3:~ uhodgjo$
>
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:57 AM, Jonathan Hodges <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Florin,
> >
> > I work with Yogesh so it is interesting you mention the
> > 'metadata.broker.list' property as this was the first error message we
> saw.
> >  Consider the following producer code.
> >
> > Properties props = new Properties();
> > props.put("broker.list", "x.x.x.x:9092, x.x.x.x :9092, x.x.x.x :9092,
> > x.x.x.x :9092, x.x.x.x :9092");
> > props.put("producer.type", "sync");
> > props.put("compression.codec", "2");  //snappy
> > ProducerConfig config = new ProducerConfig(props);
> > producer = new Producer<byte[], byte[]>(config);
> >
> > This returns the following exception for the required, property
> > 'metadata.broker.list'.
> >
> > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: Missing required
> > property 'metadata.broker.list'
> > at scala.Predef$.require(Predef.scala:145)
> >  at
> >
> kafka.utils.VerifiableProperties.getString(VerifiableProperties.scala:158)
> > at kafka.producer.ProducerConfig.<init>(ProducerConfig.scala:66)
> >  at kafka.producer.ProducerConfig.<init>(ProducerConfig.scala:56)
> > at com.pearson.firehose.KafkaProducer.<init>(KafkaProducer.java:21)
> >  at com.pearson.firehose.KafkaProducer.main(KafkaProducer.java:40)
> >
> > So we just added 'metadata' prefix to the above 'broker.list' property
> and
> > this fixed this exception.  However this is where we start to see this
> > producer retries error in the logs.  Could there be some problem with the
> > value we are using for 'metadata.broker.list' which is preventing the
> > producer from connecting?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jonathan
> >
> >
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:12 AM, Florin Trofin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I got the same error but I think I had a different issue than you: My
> code
> >> was written for kafka 0.7 and when I switched to 0.8 I changed the
> >> "zk.connect" property to "metadata.broker.list" but left it with the
> same
> >> value (which was of course the zookeeper's host and port). In other
> words
> >> a "pilot error" :-) The snippet you provided doesn't seem to have this
> >> problem, but it is interesting that we got the same error (which would
> be
> >> nice if it can be customized depending on the actual problem: host
> >> unreachable, not responding, etc)
> >>
> >> F.
> >>
> >> On 6/24/13 10:55 PM, "Markus Roder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> >We had this issue as well but never the less the message was enqueued

 
+
Florin Trofin 2013-06-25, 17:12
+
Yogesh Sangvikar 2013-06-26, 09:13
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-25, 16:42
+
Kalpa 1977 2014-07-07, 16:19
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB