Kafka, mail # user - Re: auto-delete empty, old topics? - 2013-03-07, 00:21

Re: auto-delete empty, old topics?
Thanks Neha,

I added a comment to that ticket.

Another question, I'm not sure if the behavior is different in 0.8 from
0.7.  But currently, I'm not predeclaring topics, before sending messages
to topics.  The topics get automagically created if they don't exist.  Will
that still exist in 0.8?  If so, it should also be automatic (using a
default expiration for all such topics), that they automagically go away
after no longer being in use.

What's the procedure for deleting topics in kafka 0.7.2?

Jason